When you’re looking for ways to redecorate your bedroom easily and cheaply, you might feel at a loss of where to start. It’s easy to do though, and here are six quick decorating ideas for your bedroom that won’t break your budget:
1. Move the Furniture – Yes, something as simple as rearranging the room can make a huge difference in how it feels. This is one of the easiest ways I know of to make a room feel new… and it doesn’t cost a dime.
Try putting your bed in a corner instead of against a wall too, this gives the room a more homey, intimate, and elegant touch.
2. Change the Walls – The most common way to change your walls of course, is to simply paint them. And it doesn’t really matter if you paint them a new color, or simply put a fresh coat on – both will make major differences in how the room feels. You don’t have to actually paint the walls to make them different though. You could instead put up an attractive wallpaper border, or stencil some designs on as a border instead. Borders can be placed at the very top of the walls, or around the middle area instead, to create a more old fashioned, rich and elegant look.
3. Change the Bed – Buy a new comforter, duvet, or bedspread. Better yet: Buy an entire new set complete with sheets and pillow shams. If you’re not able to buy an entire set, then get just one or two items. The bed covering and pillow shams make the largest difference, so I’d suggest starting with those.
4. Hang Prints on the Wall – The idea here is to put framed prints on your wall. These can be photographs, artwork, or even posters. They don’t have to be expensive, and in fact you may already own photos or prints that just need new frames or mats.
Some people like to create wall hanging arrangements of family photos in their bedroom, but I personally dislike that idea. The bedroom is a private place, and having the feeling that family members are watching you there can be disconcerting and uncomfortable.
5. Put out vases of silk flowers/floral greenery – This is extremely easy to do and you don’t have to be a design wizard to create floral arrangements. Just find a pretty vase, glass or jar – if you don’t have one on hand they’re extremely cheap to buy. Then buy a handful of pretty silk or plastic flowers and greenery. There’s no mystery to buying these either, simply choose greenery that you like, and flowers that compliment the colors in your room.
The colors don’t have to match exactly either. If you find beautiful silk white flowers for instance, and your room is primarily decorated in blue, then add a sprig of small blue flowers to the white ones and they’ll enhance the room perfectly.
6. Put in a new lamp – Bedside lamps are particularly cozy, and they’re useful as well. Small bedside lamps or even nightlights can be quite inexpensive when you shop around for them. You could also put new wall sconces about your bed, dresser, or on either side of a wall mirror for additional elegance.